Here are ten practical advice for nail care:
1. Make sure you get an oil nail polish remover – by doing that you’ll not only take better care of your nails but also prevent further damage.
2. Check if the nail polish you’d set you eyes on contains ingredients that can leave you with dry and damaged nails; don’t forget to use a calcium base coat to strengthen the nail structure.
3. Use olive and castor oil for hand and nail care.
4. Protect your hands with rubber gloves when doing household chores because the chemicals in detergents can cause serious damage to your hands and of course, your nails.
5. Just like your skin, your nails require their own hydrating treatment so drink plenty of water.
6. Use a nail file to achieve the right shape, but avoid the ones made of metal.
7. Take better care of your cuticles with almond, olive or argan oil which also help with skin and nail hydration.
8. File your nails in one direction; otherwise, they’ll crack. Never file them right after taking a shower/bath because they’ll be especially brittle.
9. Having strong and healthy nails depends on providing your body with enough B vitamins, especially vitamins A and C, and calcium and iron. If you happen to have white spots on your nails, it can be a sign of zinc deficiency.
10. Give your nails proper care and treatment – mix castor or almond oil with a teaspoon of lemon, and dip your nails into the solution for 10 minutes. The results may surprise you.